Friday, September 06, 2013

Blogger Spotlight #1: Favourite Book Quotes: Holly from A Day Dreamer's Thoughts

Hey guys, I'm happy to welcome Holly to To Another World today! :)

Hi, I'm Holly from A DayDreamers Thoughts, and as courtesy of the lovely Charli, I am going to share my favourite book quotes with you.

"Of course it is happening inside of your head Harry, but why on Earth should that mean that it's not real?" - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The truth is, nearly all my favourite quotes are what Dumbledore says at some point or another but I will try to provide some sort of variation and variety in this post. In the films, although this is in the books, is the last line the Dumbledore actually says, and I think it is just so, so true and it really is heart warming because for me and perhaps many other Potterheads, that is my lasting memory of Dumbledore.


“So that's little Scorpious. Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank god you've inherited your mother's brains.” - Ron Weasley, 19 years later. I think that this quote just says so much of what Ron would be like as a Dad, caring, but clearly competitive and although Ron said many quotes throughout the series that were great and made me smile, this is definitely my favourite.

"I will not calm down!" - Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Hermione says many memorable quotes throughout the Harry Potter series and I have another favourite one of hers, but when I read this it really makes me laugh. I've always thought of myself, and many others have said that I am rather similar to Hermione and this is exactly something that I would say and have said before now. But as I read this, I can just picture Hermione's hair crackling with electricity and fury as she says this to Harry when Ron returns.

“My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations.” - Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars. Just.... because.

Thank you to Charli for letting me do this guest post, it was great to do and remember to check out her giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for publishing my guest post. It was great to do one and I really appreciate it. It's just a shame the font has gone all funny when I sent it to you.

    Thanks again
    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And yes, that is a shame :/

      Charli x

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea for a post, and I love how they are mostly from HP! The source of all bookish goodness :D

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori