Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Bookish Inspirations

As a book blogger and bookworm in general, I have lots of bookish inspirations. So today I'm going to highlight some of those people :D (in no particular order)

  1. J.K Rowling- Obviously, J.K Rowling wrote one of my favourite series' (and fandoms) of all time. I love the fact that she's so modest about it and she donates lots of money to charity. 
  2. Cathy Cassidy- Where do I start with Cathy Cassidy? She's so lovely (I've talked to her on Twitter a lot, and her facebook posts are beautiful) and I've loved her books since I was 8 and still do today. I can't wait for the last Chocolate Box Girls book, I love the characters, plot, everything about it!
  3. Sarah Crossan- Sarah is also ultra-lovely, and as you all know, I absolutely LOVE the Breathe books, which have come to an end. 
  4. Veronica Roth- The Divergent books are my absolute favourite books, so I can't admire Veronica enough! She started out as just another writer, and now she's world famous! I can't wait for Allegiant on Tuesday and the movie next March/April. 
  5. Ally Condie- Ally Condie is much the same reason. I love the Matched books! I'm not so happy about Disney getting the movie rights, but that's another story.
  6. Meg Cabot- I adore all of Meg Cabot's books, and she, like the rest of them, has had to work really hard for it. 
  7. Holly Smale- Holly is super lovely, and I adore Geek Girl!
  8. John Green- John Green is the only male author on this list! I love TFiOS and many of his other books, and he started out, and is still, making videos with his brother! He's super humble and met lots of his fans on the set of TFiOS. 
Others include Cathy Hopkins, Jacqueline Wilson, Amy Good, Sharon Sant and Sophia Bennett.
Book blogger inspiration includes Amber, Jack, Rita, Sophie and Ruby...  The list just goes on.

Who are your bookish inspirations?

14 comments:

  1. Awwww, Charli!! This is just so sweet!! *HUGGLES* It means loads to be mentioned in your list and Thank You SO much!!

    Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, no problem Ruby! *huggles back*

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention! I'm humbled to be sitting on a list with such awesome people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Charli I LOVE this post! Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    JK Rowling is a huge inspiration of mine, seeing as HP has been a part of my life for around 8 (almost 9!) years. :) And John Green is pretty inspirational too (nerdfighters all the way woohoo)! :)

    Brilliant post – LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) no problem! JK Rowling is awesome. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. YES to all these awesome people!! :D Also, I think my bookish inspiration must be my dad, as he got me reading and writing and does both himself :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY to the awesome! Your dad sounds really cool :)

      Delete
  5. My biggest inspiration is J.K Rowling, she and Harry Potter have really made me who I am today and who I'll probably be for the rest of my life.
    I definitely agree on John Green as well, given that he and his brother have transformed other people's perception of Geeks to the rest of the world

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post!:) I agree with evvvvery author you put down, loveee it (:
    My favorite on your chart, is John Green. His type of books aren't the kind I like, but his writing is so beautiful, the characters- everything is sooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! John Green rules!

      Delete
  7. I'm so honoured to be one of your inspirations! I try my best...:P

    Great list! Agree with all the authors and bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori