Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

 *Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish*

This is my first top 10, but I figured I'd try it! So... most of the time covers are gorgeous but I'm going to try or at least do some! So, in no particular order...

10. The Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl MOVIE COVER

 

This is the copy that I have, and compared to the normal covers I don't really like it. Plus, I don't think it quite interprets the book well enough.

 

9. Allegiant by Veronica Roth (UK COVER)


I don't like the UK cover! I totally prefer the US one and I don't think the UK one is right for it...

8. The Soterion Mission by Stewart Ross

I don't know with this one. I'm just not keen. Meh.

7. Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen (UK)


I love how all of Dessen's covers match, but I just didn't think this one went quit with the book. I'm not sure. I just... I thought it was nice, I just didn't particularly like it.

6. Shug by Jenny Han

I didn't really like this book, and I don't like this cover much. I know Shug was short for Sugar, but it didn't really go with the book generally to me and I found it quite plain. I think this has had a re-design since, though.

5. In Darkness by Nick Lake

Hated the book, didn't like the cover. Yep.

4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

There have been many, many redesigns of this, but none of them particularly capture me and I always feel something is missing!

3. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

I haven't read this, and although I want to, I don't feel comfortable with reading it and it makes me cringe slightly... Shame, I really want to read it.

2. Knotted Roots by Ruthi Knight

 

I find this quite pretty, actually, but I'm just not sure. I haven't read this but I would quite like to!

1. Paper Towns by John Green

 










Don't shout at me! Let me justify. I like it, and I know it's different from his others', but I would love a redesign that went with the other books.

So that was my first Top Ten! I think I'll only do it when I like the topic, not every week :) please comment and let me know how it was and if I should continue! 

Charli x

P.S I know the formatting is a bit crazy but I couldn't fix it :(

14 comments:

  1. I don't like that cover of Paper Towns either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think it's pretty and all but doesn't seem right for him! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I agree that Allegiant was better in the US cover than the UK cover. However, I love the Paper Towns cover. I think it's very retro and cool.
    Check out my TTT list: http://www.booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I know we are getting redesigns of all 3 books but meh. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Ha I was totally pronouncing Shug wrong! I was pronouncing it like rug! I have to admit to hating both Allegiant covers - saw a different UK hardcover one today that was amazing though! May have to go and buy it again. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Same till a while ago! The new UK hardcover is gorgeous but I own the original :(

      Delete
  4. I would disagree with you on Allegiant - I'm not sure whether I've made my mind up on that one yet, but that's just my opinion. I strongly agree with you on Paper Towns though, it is a lovely cover but it just doesn't fit the rest of his books. I'm sure I've seen an edition that does fit though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of people have had different opinions... Paper Towns is so pretty but it and Looking For Alaska are the only ones that are different! Thanks, Holly! :D x

      Delete
  5. Completely agree about the Allegiant cover! I live in the UK and when Divergent first came out we had the same cover as you guys which was so cool that's what drew me to it. Then they changed it to this crappy themed one like Allegiant and I don't know why! It makes it look soo cheesy now! Hate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the UK too, so I have the UK covered one. I hate it!! If I had the money I would pay for the shipping of the US one.

      Delete
  6. I definitely prefer the US cover of Allegiant too! It's so gorgeous. I don't care much for the Sarah Dessen cover--I prefer the original cover to all her books.

    I personally really like the cover of Crash Into You, but maybe that's because I've read so many books with covers with couples like that one that I don't mind the covers so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww!! I had the UK one. If I had the money I would totally pay for the shipping. I've never had the original Sarah Dessen's!

      I think with Crash Into You it might be because I'm younger, as well.

      Thanks Kaitlin!

      Delete
  7. I like the Sarah Dessen cover, but I haven't read it so I can understand your reasoning behind disliking it. And the Paper Towns cover is just weird. The copy I have is also a different size, and its slightly bigger than the others :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it didn't go very well with the inside! That sucks about your Paper Towns copy, too. Thanks Debbie :)

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori