The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
TIME TO DEVOTE TO READING
This is going to be the first read-a-thon I've ever done, and it's going to be my first week of school back from Christmas, so I'm going to set myself a moderate target.
- Monday: As I only have school for about 30mins and then am going shopping with friends for a few hours, I'll have quite a few hours to read before I go out to photography class at 5:30pm. So, time for reading: 2-3 hours.
- Tuesday: I'll have before school, plus about an hour after school due to Scouts, so I'm going to set my time for reading as about an hour and a half.
- Wednesday: On Wednesday I'll have before school, and all of after school excluding homework, so reading time: 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
- Thursday: Ditto to Wednesday
- Friday: Ditto to Wednesday again, but slightly longer so 1.5-2.5 hours.
- Saturday: Although I'll have all day, our weekends are always strange, so I'm going to allocate 2.5-3 hours.
- Sunday: Ditto to Saturday.
I would like to read about 10 books in the week, but it depends on the length, of course, so my goal is going to be 8-15.
Edit: Turns out I'll have less time than I thought, so my goal is now 4+ books
BOOKS I WANT TO READ
I'm going to go with the flow :)