Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014 Blogging and Reading Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR! *blows streamers* It's 2014 and what better thing to do than share my resolutions? 


































  1. 125 Books! After much deliberation I decided on this. I wanted to push a little more than 100, and seeing as in 2014 I'll only be starting Maths and Science GCSE's (and not till 3 months before the end of the year), and I'll have summer, Easter etc, I decided on 125. I don't suppose I'll reach it, but I hope so!
  2. Make more graphics! My posts are nearly always text, text, text except the book covers, and I want to start attempting more graphics! They won't be very good, and/or will have text on, but I figure my readers want something else to look at!
  3. Read more classics! I've read a few this year, and I actually love classics but never read many, so I want to read a few more! Especially since Ruby has showed us some, and I really want to read some such as Fahrenheit 451. 
  4. More UKYA! I love UKYA, but my USYA totally outranks my UKYA! So, after Lucy's kick up the bum with Project UKYA, and some amazing recs, I'm plan to read more!
  5. Be confident and contact! Although I have (and I mean initiating, not replying) contacted various people, I know I come across as unconfident, which probably doesn't give the best impression! I want to gain confidence! 
  6. Be more organised! In terms of scheduling, mainly, which I do some of but not a lot. (Although, writing this on the 30th December, I already have 9 posts scheduled for January! *happy dance*) 
  7. I didn't put this one on the pic, but I also want to be a bit more myself in my posts :)

 So there we are! I wonder if I'll keep to them... I guess we'll find out in December (scary thought!) 

Charli x

4 comments:

  1. I really like your goals. I'm aiming to read 150 books. That's def. a big challenge for me because during 2014, I'm starting college and I know I'm going to be busy..but we'll see. There's so many great books out there so I don't think I will fall into a reading slump. I really love making graphics and can't wait to see more of yours! My resolution for 2014 is to just post 2-3 posts per week, only buy 30 books, and read all of my Edelweiss arcs. Ugh. I really need to get on those. Hope you have a great New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, good luck in college! Thank you and good luck with all your goals :) Happy new year!

      Delete
  2. CHARLI! Now that I'm back from my blogging break, I'll be commenting on your blog more, hopefully :) Time to catch up with all your posts *grabs snack*

    Good luck with your resolutions! 125 books is a lot but I'm sure you'll be able to do it - I'm planning to read more classics and UKYA too. :) Graphics are so much fun to make, I'll look forward to seeing yours. I hope you have a great 2014<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZOE! YAY! Thanks, good luck to you too, and have an awesome bookish fandomy 2014! <3 x

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori