Friday, January 03, 2014

Blogger Spotlight: Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf

"Amber is a fifteen-year-old aspiring journalist who used to have dreams of being an actress and singing in a girl band. Puke. She is now a full-time book nerd and her favourite books are City of Bones, Ketchup Clouds and The Fault in Our Stars. She overuses smileys a lot."
Facebook, Twitter, Booktube, Blog

I'm really excited to welcome my blogging idol/friend Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf to To Another World today!

Hey Amber! Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog? 

Thanks for having me on your blog, Charli! My name is Amber and I'm 15. I joke around and laugh a lot, usually because of things you guys say on Twitter! My favourite animal is the unicorn (that counts as an animal, right?) and you can usually find me complaining about One Direction or Justin Bieber. My blog is full to the brim of reviews, discussions, guest posts and giveaways and I recently re-designed it! It has been running since 2009 - four years!


What are some of your absolute favourite books? 

It took a bit of force to get me to read them but they quickly became my favourite books. What books am I talking about? The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, of course! I also love a less well-known book called The Year of the Great Seventh by Teresa Orts and I am so looking forward to the sequel coming in 2014.


You just had your 4th Blogoversary! How does it feel to have been blogging for that long? 

I've actually been blogging for eight years which is over half of my life, but obviously I've only been book blogging for four years, as you said. It feels...right. I've always loved writing and a couple of years ago I realised I want to go into journalism, so to be doing what I love for such a long time feels brilliant. I was thinking the other day, "What if Google randomly deletes my blog one day?" and that scared me. If that happens I honestly don't know what I'd do.


Following on from that question... How did you get into book blogging? 

I was randomly browsing the Internet one day when I came across the Chicklish website, which is a site for book reviews ran by authors Luisa Plaja and Keris Stainton. They were looking for guest reviewers so I signed up and, after a few months of them sending me books and me reviewing them, I started up my own book blog called Amber's Reviews. Original, right? That blog lasted for a whole week and then The Mile Long Bookshelf was born!


What are the best bits of book blogging? 

Making awesome friends such as yourself! Sometimes I feel like my bloggy friends 'get' me more than my real-life best friends do. Another best bit of book blogging is getting to talk to publishers and authors; I'm in awe of them!

We, along with Jack, have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Lorde. What other music do you like to listen to?

Praise the Lorde! I know you hated it when I made that fantastically awesome pun, so now I'm putting it on your blog and you can't get rid of it! I was brought up around music so I'll listen to a range of things, from Nirvana, Green Day and Foo Fighters (saw them at Wembley in 2008. They were the BEST.) to Demi Lovato and Ellie Goulding. Snow Patrol and the Arctic Monkeys are great too. I want to talk more about music but then this answer would get even longer...

Now I thought I'd ask you the question I ask all my interviewees... which 3 items would you take on a desert island, and they can't be things to help you off (because I know you creative types)?

Pringles.  My iPod. WiFi. 


Lastly, some this or that questions!

Twitter or Facebook? How dare you ask such a horrible question. Uh...both.
Blogging or reading? I'm starting to realise how mean you are when it comes to interview questions! Reading, I guess!
Pringles or Reeses? Pringles if I'm in the mood for savoury...Reeses if I'm in the mood for sweet. ;)


Thanks for coming onto To Another World today Amber! Everyone go and check out her blog and booktube :)

Charli x

8 comments:

  1. Great interview! I have to admit that Lorde is pretty good :)

    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having me on the blog, Charli! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this intview realy funny i love the new banner

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMBER! *runs up and hugs you both* Two awesome bloggers together! xD

    I am an aspiring journalist too, but you're so lucky that you already work for a magazine - that's amazing! And I used to want to be an actress/singer too... I'm tone deaf *hangs head in shame* Pringles, my iPod and WiFi sounds perfect to be stuck with on a desert island if you ask me.

    Great interview! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you Zoe!! Pringles and Wifi sound good.... BUT WHAT ABOUT BOOKS?! AND WHAT WOULD YOU USE WIFI ON? My iPod is a Nano so I can barely do anything on it :(

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori