Monday, February 17, 2014

Consider Yourself Quoted: City of Bones and City of Ashes

This is my brand new feature! I'm very driven in my reading by the beautiful writing, and I always loved a good quote! So, if I don't want or need to review a book, I'm going to share it in one of these posts... 

 For my first ever CYQ post, I'm sharing quotes from City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare! I'm going to put a "read more" in, because, though there shouldn't be spoilers (there may be in the CoA bit), I know some don't like to see stuff from books they haven't read! 

City of Bones - Top 5 Quotes 


5. "Now the car looked like Cinderella's carriage except... 
it was black as velvet, it's windows darkly tinted."

4. "...carving them into meticulous eighths. 'Well, it's not birthday
cake,' he [Jace] said, handing her a section, 'but
hopefully it's better than nothing' " 

3. " 'Hi, I'm one of the knife-carrying hooligans 
you met at Pandemonium... 
'Simon!' Clary held the phone away from her ear...'

2. " 'That would be nice, an extra pair
of arms,' Jace said. 'Handy in a fight.' "

1. " 'You invited him into bed?' Simon demanded, 
looking shaken. 
'Ridiculous, isn't it?' said Jace. 
'We would never have all fit.' "

City of Ashes - Top 3 Quotes


3. "Her chin went up, her lips parting... so
lightly it felt like the brush of a feather..."

2. " 'I am Valentine's arrow,' Jace whispered. 
'Whether he knows it or not.' 
And he jumped."

1. " 'Orange juice, molasses, eggs-
weeks past their sell-by date, though- 
and something that kind of looks like lettuce.'
...'That's some mozzarella.' "

So that's all for my first ever Consider Yourself Quoted post! Let me know what you think in the comments, please! The next one will be on Allegiant, I think. 

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea. I haven't read these books and quoting them like this gives me more incentive to read them; it shows a bit of the book's personality that I don't get from reading reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori