|This is my brand new feature! I'm very driven in my reading by the beautiful writing, and I always loved a good quote! So, if I don't want or need to review a book, I'm going to share it in one of these posts...|
For my first ever CYQ post, I'm sharing quotes from City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare! I'm going to put a "read more" in, because, though there shouldn't be spoilers (there may be in the CoA bit), I know some don't like to see stuff from books they haven't read!
5. "Now the car looked like Cinderella's carriage except...
it was black as velvet, it's windows darkly tinted."
4. "...carving them into meticulous eighths. 'Well, it's not birthday
cake,' he [Jace] said, handing her a section, 'but
hopefully it's better than nothing' "
3. " 'Hi, I'm one of the knife-carrying hooligans
you met at Pandemonium...
'Simon!' Clary held the phone away from her ear...'
2. " 'That would be nice, an extra pair
of arms,' Jace said. 'Handy in a fight.' "
1. " 'You invited him into bed?' Simon demanded,
'Ridiculous, isn't it?' said Jace.
'We would never have all fit.' "
City of Ashes - Top 3 Quotes
3. "Her chin went up, her lips parting... so
lightly it felt like the brush of a feather..."
2. " 'I am Valentine's arrow,' Jace whispered.
'Whether he knows it or not.'
And he jumped."
1. " 'Orange juice, molasses, eggs-
weeks past their sell-by date, though-
and something that kind of looks like lettuce.'
...'That's some mozzarella.' "