Friday, February 07, 2014

Review: Fracture

When Decker found Delaney kissing his best friend Carson, he told himself that it meant nothing. But then Carson calls to Delaney from across the vast frozen lake. Jealous, Decker insists they walk over the fragile ice. Halfway, he leaves her there ...Ten minutes without air, Delaney will be dead. Decker pulls her out of the icy waters after eleven. Delaney is alive, but now she is drawn to those who are dying ...and to stranger, Troy - someone Decker should see as a threat.

Author: Megan Miranda
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Date of Publication: (This Edition) February 2014
Pages: 272
Source: Review copy from the publisher
Goodreads | Amazon

I received a free copy of this book from Bloomsbury in exchange for a honest review. This does not affect my review/opinions in any way. Thank you Bloomsbury!

A short but powerful book, Fracture is a unique, gripping story to curl up with. Full of emotion, this is a poignant read. I honestly don't think my review will do it justice.

Fracture was full of imagery, and it worked so well with the story. It made it feel real; I felt like I was on the ice, it cracking under my feet.

"The two drinks in my stomach churned and the 
acid in my gut rose upward..."

The book was quite heavy on description but it worked amazingly. All the tiny details were there and Delaney's thoughts and bundles of emotions shone through. It hooked me from the first page. 

"The first time I died, I didn't see God. No 
light at the end of the tunnel. No haloed angels. 
No dead grandparents."

I loved the developing romance between the two best friends, Delaney and Dexter. I rooted for them from start to finish, and the twists and turns it took throughout the book made it a romance to squeal about. 

The great thing about it, though, was that the romance wasn't the key theme in the book, but it worked together with this beautiful, gripping story to make it amazing. And there was also a love triangle (well, square) but it wasn't too prominent, and tied in the with book.

I still can't get over how vivid this book is; almost too much so, though I wouldn't change it for anything. I now really want to read the sequel, also out this month, Vengeance.

All in all this book is a unique, gripping story with a beautiful added romance and stunningly vivid imagery. I recommend it completely, especially with the new cover!

2 comments:

  1. That cover is pretty cool. :) I've never heard of this one before, but I do love vivid books. I have a thing for great imagery and good description. The romance also sounds like a good part of the book. Great review, Charli! I may have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! It's the redesign and I think it's stunning! You should, I think you'd like it. Thanks Kaitlin!

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori