Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blogoversary Day 3: Bloggers Award...





Today I'm welcoming Amber, Jack, Rita and Holly to the blog to award some books and blogs with special not-really-existant TAW Book Awards! 

AMBER (The Mile Long Bookshelf)

Worst book I've ever read: Stella by Helen Eve



Best contemporary: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Best debut: The Elites by Natasha Ngan


RITA (Weaving Pages)





Holly (A DayDreamer's Thoughts)

Best Contemporary;
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Now obviously I could have chosen The Fault in Our Stars, but I wanted for once not to pick that. Whilst I love that book, this is sort of on an equal level as one of my favourite books ever. The feels. THE FEELS. Personally, there was a lot I could relate to in this book, I'm very anxious, I write Harry Potter fanfiction etc. I also loved the Harry Potter/Simon Snow references. This is a book that I devoured, adored and will never get enough of.

I was just like;



Best Start of a Series
Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike

Contrary to to a lot of peoples disliking for this book, I absolutely raved about Earthbound after I read it last year. Sure, it had a rocky start, but after the first 50 pages it really took off, leaving me constantly like this


It's not for everyone but it certainly worked for me.

Best Dystopia
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

"No! The Hunger Games!" or "No! Divergent!" some of you may cry, but the fact is that for someone who doesn't really like dystopian fiction this is just perfect. The writing is incredibly descriptive, bursting with pathetic fallacy and exploding with passages of joy and sadness. Having a Dystopia which isn't so dystopia-ish, It's a cruel, cruel world that Lena lives in, but the world building in Delirium is simply phenomenal.
All I felt afterwards, all I do was just be like

Yep. It was a good book.

JACK (The Book Stop)

Best Minimalism: Will You Please Be Quiet, Please? by Raymond Carver - You can always rely on Carver's work to be smothered with ambiguity and a delivered with a sense of bleakness, which you have to be in a certain mood to appreciate. But despite the initially alarmingly short length of his stories, he manages to combine power, realisation, indifference, analysis and realism all together in an undeniably admirable way. Short fiction and minimalism at it's finest.

Taco Blog: Booklol16 - Jaden's blog is definitely one of the most unique I know. I love the different way he approaches different things and his posts are always an eye-opener. Every time I visit my mind just fills up with swegtacobredawrsomness.

Most Reliable Blog: To Another World - You can always rely on Charli's blog for interesting hand unique book reviews and posts. I'm continuously amazed at how consistent and reliable To Another World is. I know there will always be a new, shiny post waiting for me each time I visit.

So there you have it! Some awesome bloggers awarding some awesome awards. I agree with quite a few, particularly The Elites from Amber and Code Name Verity from Rita. And awww, Jack <3

2 comments:

  1. AHHHH! This is such a great post!! HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of it- I feel very special! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys!
    Happy blogoversary and I have also nominated you for The Liebster Award! See my blog for the post!
    Georgia x

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori