Saturday, February 06, 2016

Let's Chat: Stigma and Where I've Been

Hi! Long time no see, right??

If you don't remember, my name is Charli and I run To Another World... sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if I've been a little bit forgotten!

So, for the last 9 or so weeks I've been in a mental health adolescent unit - my anxiety issues spiraled far out of control and a medication went a bit wrong. I'm being very open about it because I figure, how do we get rid of stigma without someone talking about it?

People see these units like old asylums, and I assure you they are nothing of the sort. They are like communal living, essentially - individual bedrooms, shared kitchen, dining room and lounges. The staff are lovely and supportive; and the patients are some of the best people I've ever met.

Yes, there are incidents and alarms and it becomes hard some days; but my experience has been enlightening and helpful. We have about 5 types of therapy each week, as well as lessons, and it's been great.

Back to me. I'm getting discharged on Wednesday! So, hopefully I'll gradually be back to blogging; I have about 3 months of schoolwork to catch up on, but I want to try, because blogging is something I am still firmly in love with.

I love you all, and thank you for the support;
Charli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori